Monday, March 10, 2008

15-minute Tyrant

Photobucket
Very disappointed! I know Hasbro has to make as many toys as possible to squeeze our wallet, but please make something that is really worth! I know the Cybertron mode Megatron only appeared in the show for 15 minutes, but I still want a show-accurate toy! I should be more picky to the Animated toys from now on. Anyway, hope you can still enjoy this guy.
(click to enlarge the photos)

Photobucket
In package

Photobucket
Bio

Photobucket
So dull!

Photobucket
This big head is the official jet nose

Photobucket
But I think this side looks better

Photobucket

Photobucket
Robot mode is fine, not too bad.

Photobucket
The so-called sword.

Overall, this Megatron is not a must-buy, I hope the helicopter Megatron could be better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always laugh when people bitch about the whole "show accurate" nonsense.

The toy is designed first. The animators then make an animation model based on it. Sometimes theres's communication between Hasbro and the animators, often not. So, really, you should be annoyed that the animators took liberty with the design.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with this Megatron at all! The robot mode is kick-ass!! I can't wait for it.

Having said that, I don't think I will waste my money on the Leader class Optimus Prime . It looks too plain with little less detailing on the arms and legs. I'll settle for the Cybertronian one but Megatron for me - BOTH Cybertronian and Earth modes!