Sunday, August 8, 2010

God Master Brothers

Photobucket
Lets see how the God Master brothers changed after 20 years. Darkwing and Dreadwind were the last set of G1 figures I got in my childhood. The next TF I bought was already BT-01 Smokescreen! The God Master brothers are really special memory for me. The new Dreadwind is the Botcon remold of Classics Jetfire, and Darkwing (Darkwind) is the repaint of Universe Silverbolt. I got them both a couple of years ago. I took Darkwing out of the box today just because I am addicted to the Master Force characters again after getting the Seacons. Lets enjoy the show of the evil brothers.
(click to enlarge the photos)

Photobucket
Hong Kong Toysrus already put this shitty sticker on the toys for a few years. I have to say it again, I hate it!!!

Photobucket
Why Hasbro changed the name to Darkwind? Trademark issue again?

The big brother,
Photobucket

Photobucket

and the younger brother
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It is difficult to understand why the voyager-size figure is more detailed and sophisticated than the ultra-size one!

Now, lets combine! Dreadwing!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
No, they don't really combine. I just placed them together. ^_^

Robot mode
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jetfire mode

I want these two figures because they are from G1, and they were the G1 figures I owned. As a toy on its own, Dreadwind is good as a voyager-size figure. Very nice design and full of gimmicks. Darkwing is too simple as an ultra-size figure. The only thing good is that the G1 transformation sound effect is played when pushing his head out. The Universe Silverbolt mold is a quite disappointing one.

3 comments:

Vaz said...

Nice capturing,i like it..

By the way,do u got saw any transformers universe skyfall (repaint of silverbolt to black and red colour) in HK toy shop?

oh ya,this is my blog (http://vazte.pixnet.net/blog).
welcome to join my world as well.

fate8 said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
No, I didn't see Skyfall in HK.
I just visited your blog, very nice one!
I am always looking for TF friends.

Vaz said...

thanks for visit my blog too.
I also looking for TF friends too because can sharing the same interest is very excited and happy~!
Anyway,nice to meet you~!
Cheers for our relationship~!